1.2.1 ARM architecture
The Cortex-A72 processor implements the ARMv8-A architecture. This includes:
for both AArch32 and AArch64 Execution states.
- Support for all Exception levels, EL0, EL1, EL2,
and EL3, in each Execution state.
- The A32 instruction set, previously called the ARM
- The T32 instruction set, previously called the Thumb
- The A64 instruction set.
processor supports the following features:
- Advanced Single
Instruction Multiple Data (SIMD) operations.
- Floating-point operations.
- Optional Cryptography Extension.
processor does not support the T32EE (ThumbEE) instruction set.
ARM® Architecture Reference Manual ARMv8, for ARMv8-A architecture profile for more information.