The Cortex-A72 processor documentation is as follows:
- Technical Reference
- The Technical Reference Manual (TRM) describes the functionality and the effects of
functional options on the behavior of the
It is required at all stages of the design flow. The choices made in the design flow can
mean that some behavior described in the TRM is not relevant. If you are programming the
multiprocessor, additional information must be obtained from:
- The implementer to determine the build configuration of the implementation.
- The integrator to determine the pin configuration of the device that you are
- Configuration and Sign-off Guide
The Configuration and Sign-off Guide (CSG)
- The available build configuration
options and related issues in selecting them.
- How to configure the Register Transfer
Level (RTL) source files with the build configuration
- How to integrate RAM arrays.
- How to run test vectors.
- The processes to sign off the configured design.
The ARM product deliverables include reference scripts and
information about using them to implement your design. Reference
methodology flows supplied by ARM are example reference implementations.
For EDA tool support, contact your EDA vendor.
The CSG is a confidential book that is only available to licensees.
- Integration Manual
The Integration Manual (IM) describes how to integrate the processor into an SoC. It describes the signals that the integrator must tie off to configure the macrocell for the required integration. Some of the implementation options might affect which integration options are available.
The IM is a confidential book that is only available to licensees.