A1.4.4 Nested Vectored Interrupt Controller
The Nested Vectored Interrupt Controller (NVIC) is closely integrated with the core to achieve low-latency interrupt processing.
Functions of the NVIC include:
- External interrupts, configurable from 1 to 480 using a contiguous or
non-contiguous mapping. This is configured at implementation.
- Configurable levels of interrupt priority from 8 to 256. This is configured at
- Dynamic reprioritization of interrupts.
- Priority grouping. This enables selection of preempting interrupt levels
and non-preempting interrupt levels.
- Support for tail-chaining and late arrival of interrupts. This enables
back-to-back interrupt processing without the overhead of state saving and restoration
- Optional support for the Armv8‑M Security
extension. Secure interrupts can be prioritized above any Non-secure interrupt.