C10.11 Synchronization Period Register
The TRCSYNCPR characteristics are:
- Controls how often periodic trace synchronization
- Usage constraints
- You must always program
this register as part of trace unit initialization.
- Accepts writes only when the trace unit is disabled.
- Available in all configurations.
- See C10.1 ETM register summary.
Figure C10-10 TRCSYNCPR bit assignments
- Reserved, res0.
- PERIOD, [4:0]
Defines the number of bytes of trace
between synchronization requests as a total of the number of bytes generated
by both the instruction and data streams. The number of bytes is 2N where
N is the value of this field:
value of zero disables these periodic synchronization requests,
but does not disable other synchronization requests.
- The minimum value that can be programmed, other
than zero, is 8, providing a minimum synchronization period of 256
- The maximum value is 20, providing a maximum synchronization
period of 220 bytes.
The TRCSYNCPR can be accessed through the external debug interface, offset