1.1 About the CCI-550
The CCI-550 is a programmable high-bandwidth interconnect that enables hardware-coherent systems.
Hardware-managed coherency can improve system performance and reduce system
power by sharing on-chip data. Managing coherency in hardware has the benefits of:
- Reducing external memory accesses.
- Reducing the software overhead and complexity.
- Enabling use of ARM®
technology with multiple processor clusters.
is a configurable interconnect that supports connectivity of:
- Up to six AMBA® 4 ACE masters, such as the ARM
Cortex®-A57 or Cortex-A72 processors.
- Up to six AMBA 4 ACE-Lite masters, such as the ARM
Graphics Processing Unit (GPU).
- Up to seven AMBA 4 AXI4 slaves, such as memory and system peripherals. This includes
support for up to six memory interfaces.
permits combinations of ACE and ACE-Lite masters, up to a maximum total of seven
The CCI-550 AXI4
master interfaces provide connection to memory and peripheral address space.