The Cortex‑A5 NEON MPE provides mixed-data type SIMD and high-performance scalar floating-point computation suitable for a wide spectrum of applications.
Example applications are:
- Personal digital assistants and smartphones for graphics, voice compression and
decompression, user interfaces, Java interpretation, and Just In
Time (JIT) compilation.
- Games machines for intensive three-dimensional graphics, digital audio and
in-game physics effects such as gravity.
- Printers and MultiFunction Peripheral (MFP)
controllers for high-definition color rendering.
- Set-top boxes for high-end digital audio and digital video, and interactive
three-dimensional user interfaces.
- Automotive applications for engine management, power train computation, and
in-car entertainment and navigation.