The GIC-600 provides interrupt services and masking, registers and programming, interrupt grouping, security, performance monitoring, and error correction.
Interrupt services and masking:
- Support for the following interrupt types:
- Up to 16 ITS modules that provide device isolation and ID translation
for message-based interrupts and enable virtual machines to program devices directly.
- Interrupt masking and prioritization with 32 priority levels, five bits
Registers and programming:
- Flexible affinity routing, using the Multiprocessor
Identification Register (MPIDR) addresses, including support for all four
- Single ACE-Lite slave port on each chip for programming of all GIC Distributor (GICD) registers, GIC Interrupt Translation Service (GITS) registers, and GIC
Redistributor (GICR) registers. Each ITS has an optional ACE-Lite slave port for
programming the GITS_TRANSLATER register.
- Coherent view of SPI register
data across multiple chips.
Note: For more information about Exception levels, see the Arm® Architecture Reference Manual ARMv8, for ARMv8‑A architecture profile.
- Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) counters
with snapshot functionality.