2.3.3 Connecting to a debugger
Cortex®-M3 DesignStart™ Eval supports debug through the CMSIS-DAP protocol, using the MPS2+ platform in-built USB port.
To connect to a debugger, follow these steps:
- Ensure that you have installed ARM
debugger software. For more information, see 2.1.2 Installation and required licenses.
- Connect your computer to the USB 2.0 port on the MPS2+ platform.
- After loading the prebuilt image onto the platform (see 2.3.2 Loading a prebuilt image onto the MPS2+
platform), navigate to:
- Open the following file with the Keil
- Select Accept in the prompts to
install legacy support in Keil
is only necessary if you want to use the self-test software. You can also
develop your own software using 'Packs' as normal.
The following steps are optional, but they confirm whether the debug connection is valid:
- When the project file opens in Keil
debugger, select Flash > Configure Flash Tools. This gives you the following dialog:
Figure 2-2 Keil
µVision debugger options
- Select Use Target Driver for Flash
- Select Settings > Debug. This gives you the following dialog:
- Ensure that the IDCODE and Device Name is the same as shown in Figure 2-3 Debug options.
- Select OK > OK.
The self-test code can now be dynamically debugged using the Start/Stop Debug Session on the toolbar.