11.13 Functions view
Use the Functions view to display the ELF data associated with function symbols for the loaded images. You can freeze the view to prevent the information being updated by a running target.
Figure 11-17 Functions view
Right-click on the column headers to select the columns that you want
- The name of the function.
- Mangled Name
- The C++ mangled name of the function.
- Base Address
- The function entry point.
- Start Address
- The start address of the function.
- End Address
- The end address of the function.
- The size of the function in bytes.
- Compilation Unit
- The name of the compilation unit containing the
- The location of the ELF image containing the function.
- Show All Columns
- Displays all columns.
- Reset Columns
- Resets the columns displayed and their widths to the default. The
Compilation Unit, and
Image columns are displayed by default.
In the Functions view, the functions are represented as:
Table 11-1 Function icons
Toolbar and context menu options
The following options are available from the toolbar or context
- Links this view to the selected connection in the Debug Control view. This is the default.
Alternatively you can link the view to a different connection. If the
connection you want is not shown in the drop-down list you might have to
select it first in the Debug Control
- Searches the data in the current view for a function.
- Copies the selected functions.
- Select All
- Selects all the functions in the view.
- Run to Selection
- Runs to the selected address.
- Set PC to Selection
- Sets the PC register to the start address of the selected
- Show in Source
- If source code is available:
Opens the corresponding source file in the C/C++
editor view, if necessary.
Highlights the line of source associated with the
- Show in Memory
- Displays the Memory
view starting at the address of the selected function.
- Show in Disassembly
- Displays the Disassembly view starting at the address of the selected
- Toggle Breakpoint
- Sets or removes a breakpoint at the selected address.
- Toggle Hardware Breakpoint
- Sets or removes a hardware breakpoint at the selected
- Toggle Trace Start Point
- Sets or removes a trace start point at the selected
- Toggle Trace Stop Point
- Sets or removes a trace stop point at the selected
- Toggle Trace Trigger Point
- Starts a trace trigger point at the selected address.
- View Menu
- The following View
Menu options are available:
- New Functions View
- Displays a new instance of the Functions view.
- Update View When Hidden
Enables the updating of the view when it is
hidden behind other views. By default this view does not
update when hidden.
- Refreshes the view.
- Freeze Data
- Toggles the freezing of data in the current
view. This also disables or enables the Refresh option.
- Displays the Functions Filter dialog box. This
enables you to filter the functions displayed in the view.