11.23 Scripts view
Use the Scripts view to work with scripts in DS-5. You can create, run, edit, delete, and configure parameters for the various types of scripts supported by DS-5.
- Scripts are dependent on a debug connection. To work with scripts, first
create a debug configuration for your target and select it in the Debug Control view.
- Debugger views are not updated when commands issued in a script are
Figure 11-35 Scripts view
Using the Scripts view, you
- Create a script
- To create a script, click to display the Save As dialog
box. Give your script a name and select the type of script you want. You can
choose any of the following types:
- Debugger Script (*.ds)
- Jython script (*.py)
- Text file (*.txt)
- The script opens in the editor when you save it.
- Import scripts
- Click to view options for importing scripts.
- Import a DS-5 or Jython script
- To import a DS-5 or
Jython script, click and browse and select your file.
- Import and translate a CMM script
- To import and translate a CMM script:
- Click and browse and select your file.
- Click Open.
- In the Translation Save Location dialog,
choose a location to store the translated file.
- Click OK to translate the file and save it at
the selected location.
- Add additional use case script directories
- To add more use case script directories, click and either enter the folder location or click Browse to the script folder location.
Note: To change the location for other scripts that are
supported in DS-5 Debugger, from the main menu, select Window > Preferences > DS-5 > Debugger > Console. Then, select the Use a
default script folder option, and either enter the
folder location or click Browse
to the script folder location.
- Execute your script
- After connecting to your target, select your script and click to execute your script. You can also double-click a script to run
When working with use case scripts, you must select the use case
to run your script.
- Edit your script
- Select your script and click to open the script in the editor.
- Delete your script
- Select the script that you want to delete and click . Confirm if you want to delete the script from the view, or if you
want to delete from the disk, and click OK.
- Refresh the script view
- Click to refresh the view.
- Configure script options
- Select a script, and click to configure script options.