11.11 Event Viewer Settings dialog box
Use the Event Viewer Settings dialog to select a Trace Source as well as to set up Ports (if ITM is the trace source) or Masters (if STM is the trace source) to display in the Events view.
- Select a Trace Source
Selects the required trace source from the list.
- The number of lines to display per results page. The default is 100 lines.
- The number of characters to display per line. The default is 80
Imports an existing Event Viewer Settings
configuration file. This file contains details about the
Trace Source and Ports
(in the case of ITM trace) or Masters and
Channels (in the case of STM trace) used to
create the configuration.
Exports the currently displayed Event Viewer Settings
configuration to use with a different Events view.
Reorganizes the current channels into a canonical form,
saves the settings, and closes the dialog box.
Enables you to cancel unsaved changes.
Figure 11-14 Event Viewer Settings (Shown with all Masters and Channels enabled for an ETR:STM trace
For ITM trace sources
- Click to add or delete a Port.
- Select the type of encoding you want for the data associated with the port. The options
available are Binary, Text,
- Click Reset to display and enable all available
Ports for the selected ITM trace source.
clears any custom settings.
- Click to clear all Ports.
- Show local timestamps
- Select to display local timestamps. Local timestamps are expressed as an interval since the
last local timestamp. Local timestamps are available for CoreSight ITM trace
and M-profile ITM trace.
- Show global timestamps (M-profile only)
- Select to display global timestamps. Global timestamps are expressed as a
48-bit or 64-bit counter value.
- Show event counter wrapping (M-profile only)
- Select to display event counter wrapping packets from the M-profile
Data Watchpoint and Trace (DWT) unit.
- Show exception tracing (M-profile only)
- Select to display exception trace packets from the M-profile DWT unit.
- Show PC sampling (M-profile only)
- Select to display PC sampling packets from the M-profile DWT unit.
- Show data tracing (M-profile only)
- Select to display data trace packets from the M-profile DWT unit.
- Show live decode console
- Select to display the Live Decode tab in the
Events view. The Live Decode
tab displays streaming trace data from your target.
Figure 11-15 Events view - Live Decode tab
- To use the Live
Decode tab, your target must support ITM or STM
trace and must be connected to a DSTREAM-ST unit.
- Live streaming data is read-only.
- If generating a large amount of ITM or STM
trace, ARM® recommends:
- Turning off Core
Trace in the DSTL Options dialog. This is to avoid
data overflow issues when a large amount of data is
- Disabling some channels or ports to reduce data overload
issues in the Live Decode tab.
For STM trace sources
- Click to add or delete Masters and Channels
that you want to display in the Events view.
Note: Masters are only available for STM trace.
- Select the type of encoding you want for the data associated with the
channels. The options available are Binary and Text.
Click Reset to display and enable all available
Masters and Channels
for the selected STM trace source.
Note: This clears any custom settings.
- Click to clear all Masters and Channels.