The TRNG core has the following key features:
- Produces 10K bits/second of entropy when core is running at 200MHz.
- Includes an internal entropy source that is based on a chain of digital inverters.
- Odd number of inverters, leading to continuous oscillation (while active).
- Inverter cells that are taken from a standard cells library.
- Built-in hardware tests for auto correlation and Continuous Random Number Generation Testing (CRNGT) as required by the following standards:
- FIPS 140-2, Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules.
- AIS-31, Functionality Classes and Evaluation Methodology for True Random Number Generators.
- AMBA® APB2 slave interface.