The example Java application shows you how to do the following:
- Create a DTSL configuration instance for the requested platform.
- Connect to a core device, such as a Cortex-M3 or other such ARM® core.
- Perform the following operations:
- Get control of the core following a reset.
- Read and write registers on the core.
- Read and write memory through the core.
- Single step instructions on the core.
- Start and stop core execution.
The example application connects to and controls the ARM core only. However, it
can just as easily connect to any of the devices in the configuration, such as CoreSight
components (PTM or ETB), and configure and control those devices as well.
NoteThe example is a complete stand-alone application. It cannot be run when a
connection is made to the same target. However, a DS-5 Debugger Jython script can
access the DTSL configuration. If you do this, take care not to interfere with the