6.16 About CoreSight™ Target
CoreSight™ on-target access library allows you to interact directly with CoreSight devices. This supports use-cases such as enabling flight-recorder trace in a production system without the need to connect an external debugger.
The library offers a flexible programming interface allowing a variety of use cases and
It also offers some advantages compared to a register-level interface. For example, it
- Manage any unlocking and locking of CoreSight
devices via the lock register, OS Lock register, programming bit, power-down
- Attempt to ensure that the devices are programmed correctly and in a suitable
- Handle variations between devices, and where necessary, work around known issues.
For example, between variants of ETM/PTMs.
- Become aware of the trace bus topology and can generally manage trace links
automatically. For example enabling only funnel ports in use.
- Manage “claim bits” that coordinate internal and external use of CoreSight devices.
For details, see the CoreSight example provided with