15.11.11 About the Java program
- The main program is in the DTSLExample.java source file.
- The project is set up to use the DTSL libraries from the DTSL Eclipse
- The DTSL interaction flow is as follows:
- Connecting to DTSL. This involves forming the
ConnectionParameters set and passing it to the
ConnectionManager.openConnection() method. See the
connectToDTSL() method for details.
- Accessing the DTSL connection configuration and locating the DTSL object
with the name requested in either:
- the core specified in the DS-5 configdb platform debug operation.
- Connecting to the core located in step 2.
- Performing the operations on the core, which is represented
by a DTSL object that implements the
IDevice interface. The DTSL Javadoc lists the full set of
operations available on such an object. The example uses some of the more
common operations, but does not cover all of them.
- Disconnecting from the core.
- Disconnecting from DTSL.
IDevice Java interface (used
for all target devices) wraps the RDDI-DEBUG C interface thinly, which means that
many of the RDDI constants are used directly rather than being wrapped. That is why
the example uses constants such as