2.4 Creating a new
Makefile project with existing code
You can create a new Makefile project in Eclipse with your existing source code.
The following procedure shows how to create a new Makefile
project in the same directory as your source code:
- Select from
the main menu.
- Expand the C/C++ group.
- Select Makefile Project with Existing
- Click on Next.
- Enter a project name and enter the location of your
existing source code.
- Select the toolchain that you want to use for Indexer
Settings. Indexer Settings provide source code navigation in the
Figure 2-2 Creating a new Makefile project with existing code
- Click on Finish to create
your new project. The project and source files are visible in the Project
- Before you can build the project, a
containing all the compilation tool settings, is required. The easiest
way to create one is to copy the
an example project, and paste it into your new project.
- Edit the
Makefile for your new
- Right-click the project and then select Builder Settings tab,
ensure that the Build directory points to
the location of the
access the build settings. In the
- Add any other source files you need to the project.
You can now build the new project:
the Project Explorer view, select the project that you want to build.
from the main