3.11 Importing a memory
map from a BCD file
If you have a BCD file that defines a memory map, you can import this into the Scatter file editor.
To import a memory map from a BCD file:
- Select Import from the File menu.
Figure 3-8 Import memory map for the scatter file editor
- Enter the location of the BCD file or click on Browse... to
select the folder.
- Select the required file containing the memory map
that you want to import.
Figure 3-9 BCD file selection for the scatter file editor
- Select Add to current scatter file if
you want to add specific memory regions to an existing scatter file.
The scatter file must be open and active in the editor view
before you can use this option.
- Select Create new scatter file template if
you want the wizard to create a new file with the same name as the
BCD file but with a .scat file extension.
- Select the destination project folder.
- By default, all the memory regions are selected.
Modify the selections and table content as required.
Figure 3-10 Memory block selection for the scatter file editor
- Click Finish to complete
the scatter file.
NoteBefore you can use a scatter file you must add the
option to the project within the panel of the Properties dialog box.