5.6 How do I move my license to another computer?
To move your ARM tools license from the original computer for which it was generated to another computer within the same company, you must obtain a new license file from ARM with a new host ID.
A host ID is usually generated from an Ethernet card MAC address.
If you have already obtained your license file from ARM, but you have to move it to another
computer within the same company, then you must obtain a new license file with a new Host
ID. The move must be within the same legal entity, such as from pc1 at xyz Inc. to pc2 at
A reason for moving a license might be a PC hardware failure.
- Node Locked Licenses
- If your host ID is obtained from your ethernet card, then a new license is required if
your ethernet card is replaced.
- If your host ID is obtained from your hard disk volume number, then a new license is
required if your hard disk is reformatted or replaced.
- Floating Licenses
- For Floating licenses, the Host ID is that of the license server or license servers.
Therefore, a new license is only required if the Host ID of the license server or
license servers change.
- Conversion of Node locked to Floating license
- If you want to convert a node locked license to be a floating license then this always
incurs a charge, as described in the rehost request pages.
You are not entitled to attempt to rehost seats that have since been replaced by upgrade
or update seats.
To rehost your license, you must submit a rehost request through the ARM web licensing
Access the ARM web licensing
Click the Rehost link in the menu on the left of the web
Accept the Rehost License Request (Disclaimer).
Enter either your product serial number or the Host ID of your client machine.