1.17 -frwpi, -fno-rwpi [BETA]
Enables or disables the generation of Read/Write Position-Independent (RWPI) code.
NoteThis topic describes a [BETA] feature.
When generating RWPI code, the compiler:
- Addresses the writable data using offsets from the static base register
- The base address of the RW data region can be fixed at runtime.
- Data can have multiple instances.
- Data can be, but does not have to be, position-independent.
- Sets the PI attribute on read/write output sections.
- This option is independent from
-fropi, meaning that these two options can be used individually or together.
- When using
-fropi-lowering are automatically enabled.
The following restrictions apply:
- This option is not supported in AArch64 mode.
- This option is not compatible with
The default is