1.1 About the Arm® Compiler toolchain assemblers
The Arm® Compiler toolchain provides different assemblers.
- The freestanding legacy assembler, armasm. Use armasm to assemble existing
A64, A32, and T32 assembly language code written in armasm syntax.
- The armclang integrated assembler.
Use this to assemble assembly language code written in GNU syntax.
- An optimizing inline assembler built into armclang. Use this to assemble assembly language code written in GNU syntax
that is used inline in C or C++ source code.
Note: This book only applies to armasm. For information on armclang, see the
armclang Reference Guide.
Be aware of the following:
- Generated code might be different between two Arm Compiler
- For a feature release, there might be significant code generation
The command-line option
descriptions and related information in the individual Arm Compiler
describe all the features that Arm Compiler
supports. Any features not documented are not supported and are
used at your own risk. You are responsible for making sure that any generated code using