1.1.2 What the linker can accept as input
armlink can accept one or more object files from toolchains that support Arm® ELF.
Object files must be formatted as Arm ELF. This format is
- ELF for the Arm® Architecture (IHI
- ELF for the Arm® 64-bit
Architecture (AArch64) (IHI 0056).
Optionally, the following files can be used as input to armlink:
- One or more libraries created by the librarian, armar.
- A symbol definitions file.
- A scatter file.
- A steering file.
- A Secure code import library when building a Non-secure image that needs
to call a Secure image.
- A Secure code import library when building a Secure image that has to
use the entry addresses in a previously generated import library.