1.1 About Model Shell
Model Shell is a command line tool for configuring and running Component Architecture Debug Interface (CADI)-compliant models.
Model Shell launches CADI-compliant models and provides:
- Semihosting stdio.
- CADI logging.
- A launch platform for debuggers, profilers, and operating environments.
Model Shell can start a CADI server to enable other debuggers to connect to the model in the
- The simulation is initialized, but not run. An external debugger must control the simulation
- The simulation is initialized and run immediately. An external debugger can connect to the
simulation after it starts.
Model Shell provides semihosting input and output only for standard streams:
- When a CADI server is started, semihosting output goes to the Model Shell console and to all
- If a debugger is attached, it performs semihosting input. If not, Model Shell
provides the input.