The function reads memory values from the component. This function must be implemented to support the display of memory contents.
virtual CADIReturn_t CADI::CADIMemRead(CADIAddrComplete_t startAddress,
uint8_t doSideEffects) = 0;
- is the starting address to begin reading from. If
it refers to the current overlay.
- is the number of units of size
- is the unit size, specified in bytes, for memory
- is the data buffer that was allocated by the caller
and must be big enough to hold the requested number of addresses.
The target data is encoded in little endian format.
- is the number of units actually read. It can be
less than the number of units requested.
if this parameter is set to
it informs the target that it must perform side effects on a read
access. Such side effects might be, for example, a clear-on-read.
If the parameter is set to
false, the target
must always omit side effects. This is the common use case where
a debug read of memory must not interfere with the target execution.
If an error occurs,
return the error position in
Data is assumed
valid up to this position.