How to solve DS-5 installation issues under Windows?
Applies to: DS-5
After reinstalling DS-5, users may see some issues generally caused by hidden files or a corrupt installation. This article provides some methods to solve these problems.
It is important to note that:
- Prior to DS-5 v5.22, only one version of DS-5 could be installed at a time. You must first delete the older version before installing a new one.
- From DS-5 v5.22 and onwards, multiple newer versions can be installed simultaneously as long as they have different installation locations (they do by default).
- ARM encourages users to upgrade to the latest version of DS-5 and DSTREAM firmware which contains new features or fixes.
- Duplicated DS-5 Debug perspective:
- Go to menu Window > Preferences
- Navigate to General > Perspectives
- Under "Available Properties", select one of the <DS-5 Debug> perspectives and click the Delete button.
- DS-5 plug-in missing in Eclipse
- Unable to connect to a target (the connection was working correctly with a previous version of DS-5)
- License problems (cannot checkout a new License because there is an existing License file in one of the hidden folders)
- Build errors caused by a resource conflict, for example, two resources of the same name in the Workspace.
Resolution (easy fix):
- Backup the projects under the DS-5 Workspace or move the folder somewhere else.
- Delete the "
.metadata" folder inside the Workspace:
- The existing projects will not be shown in DS-5. To fix this behaviour, go to menu File > Import > Existing Projects into Workspace and select the DS-5 Workspace as root directory:
Other possible resolution (if the above did not fix the problem):
- Backup the projects under the DS-5 Workspace.
- Uninstall DS-5 (go to Control Panel and select "Uninstall a program" )
- Delete the following folders where hidden files might have been created by an old version of DS-5. Within each folder there are sub-folders for each version of DS-5 that has been installed. So if you are experiencing problems with a specific version of DS-5 then just delete the folders specific to that version.
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\ARM (xxx is the username)
C:\Users\xxx\Documents\ARM\DS-5 (Windows 7)
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Application Data\ARM\DS-5 (Windows XP)
C:\Program Files (x86)\DS-5 (DS-5 32 bits)
C:\Program Files\DS-5 (DS-5 64 bits)
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\DS-5 (32-bits, Windows stores information in this virtual folder)
%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files\DS-5 (64-bits)
- Install DS-5 again and create a new workspace
- If the same problem persists, it is worth trying the following steps:
Attachments: DS5_double_icon.png , DS-5_delete_perspective.png , Virtual_store.png , metadata.png , DS-5-import.png
Article last edited on: 2017-03-17 10:13:14
Rate this article
Disagree? Move your mouse over the bar and click