ARM Technical Support Knowledge Articles

General: Is it legal for a master to change HADDR when a transfer is extended?

Applies to: AHB


If a master is indicating that it wants to do a NONSEQ or SEQ transfer then it cannot change the address during an extended transfer (when HREADY is low) unless it receives an ERROR, RETRY or SPLIT response.

If the master is indicating that it wants to do an IDLE transfer then it may change the address, but if it is indicating a BUSY transfer it can only change the address if the current undefined length burst is being terminated (with HTRANS also changing to IDLE or NONSEQ).

See also:

Article last edited on: 2014-02-06 14:46:01

Rate this article

Disagree? Move your mouse over the bar and click

Did you find this article helpful? Yes No

How can we improve this article?

Link to this article
Copyright © 2011 ARM Limited. All rights reserved. External (Open), Non-Confidential