What is the difference between RVCT 2.0 and RVCT 2.0.1?
Applies to: RealView Development Suite (RVDS)
The following are the main changes implemented by RVCT 2.0.1:
- Fixed some optimisation bugs and "internal faults".
- Fixed some debug information faults.
- Can now generate SMLAL and UMLAL from appropriate source code.
- Added support for large (>4MB) Thumb execution regions.
- Fixed some incompatibilites with legacy SDT 2.5x objects.
- Stack alignment checking enforced more rigorously. For more details see FAQ entry: "Linker Error: L6238E (invalid call from '~PRES8' function to 'REQ8' function)".
- Final image will now always contain the same code by default, regardless of combination of debug/nodebug build options.
- Usage of host computer memory reduced when linking.
- Improved disassembly of Thumb LDR instructions.
- Output filenames now reflect load region names for scatterfiles containing multiple load regions.
- Fixed problem with assembler reporting valid LDRD/STRD instruction as invalid.
VFP support code, examples and floating point libraries
- Now support BE8 for ARM Architecture v6.
Article last edited on: 2008-09-09 15:47:31
Rate this article
Disagree? Move your mouse over the bar and click