What do each of the ARM7TDMI production test patterns cover?
Applies to: ARM7TDMI
The basic breakdown of the test patterns is as follows:
- 'ale' Simple vectors to test the operation of the ALE pin and address generation.
- 'thumb' Tests the changes to the blocks which were made to the ARM7TDMI in order to make it thumb compatible (but not the instruction decompression logic itself).
- 'arm' Tests the ARM instruction decoder and main data path.
- 'debug' Tests the debug features of the core.
- 'ice' Tests the operation of the EmbeddedICE Macrocell.
- 'mul' Tests the operation of the multiplier block.
- 'pipe' Tests the Thumb instruction decompression logic and pipeline.
- 'regnew' Tests the register bank more extensively that the other vectors.
- 'rev4' Tests the functional changes between Rev 3A and Rev 4 (Applies to ARM7TDMI Rev 4 only).
Article last edited on: 2008-09-09 15:47:35
Rate this article
Disagree? Move your mouse over the bar and click